This is Preventable
FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM LEAKS
FSS ProGuard 295UL
Introducing the first and only UL-listed corrosion and bacterial inhibitor to address Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion (MIC) in fire protection systems!
Huguenot Laboratories is the leader in fire sprinkler corrosion control.
Based on Science, Backed by Warranty!
Our MIC (Microbiological Influenced Corrosion) experts have over 150 years of combined industry experience in testing, identifying, mitigating, and monitoring microbial and generalized corrosion in fire protection systems (FPS). Our testing laboratory is the industry recognized leader at performing analytical analysis of water and deposit material for proper chemical and microbial identification. This identification process is the first critical step required to properly mitigate corrosion. Other corrosion companies who provide no testing and vague direction of oxygen as the only source of failure have completely mislead the industry. Our corrosion engineering staff has developed the only environmental friendly cleaners and biostatic inhibitors that stop corrosion in its path.
There is no need for expensive surgical pipe replacement that others recommend. Our treatment solutions are monitored by an A.S.T.M. corrosion control program. This program gives you actual corrosion control monitoring results in 90 day increments. This real-time monitoring allows for verified documented measured results. Our patented injection systems provide accurate reliable delivery of our inhibiting technology. Our cleaning and treatment programs are the only industry driven programs that are being tested and certified for use by UL. The UL listing process will allow Huguenot to be the ONLY corrosion control company in the industry who will have products that have been tested and certified for their intended use. Controlling corrosion in fire sprinkler systems involves a lot more than just removing oxygen from water. NFPA 13 is the governing body that provides direction and guidance of how to address corrosion in water based fire sprinkler systems. So what does NFPA have to say about water supply treatment?
NFPA 13: 24.1.5 Water Supply Treatment.
188.8.131.52 Water supplies and environmental conditions shall be evaluated for the existence of microbes and conditions that contribute to Microbiological Influenced Corrosion (MIC). Where conditions are found that contribute to MIC, the owner(s) shall notify the sprinkler system installer and a plan shall be developed to treat the system using one of the following methods:
- Install a water pipe that will not be affected by the MIC microbes.
- Treat all water that enters the system using an approved biocide.
- Implement an approved plan for monitoring the interior condition of the pipe at established intervals and location.
- Install corrosion monitoring station and monitor at Established Intervals.
Nowhere in the NFPA code does it provide direction that Nitrogen is how you correct fire sprinkler system corrosion deficiencies in wet fire sprinkler systems. Nitrogen is ONLY recommended for use as a supervisory air source in place of an air compressor in a dry fire sprinkler system. All of Huguenots has chemically treated systems around the world are monitored with real time corrosion control results per A.S.T.M. guidelines. To see what you can accomplish with chemical corrosion control please click on the “Nitrogen vs. Inhibitor” at the top of this page. Seeing is believing!
We offer the industries only performance based guarantee that assures corrosion rates are maintained at a maximum sustained rate of 2.0 Mils Per Year. Our nationwide network of NELAP certified Laboratories offer a wide variety of microbial, deposit, metallurgical, and water analysis to properly identify problematic conditions so proper treatment solutions can be prescribed. We Provide MIC detection, treatment and maintenance programs for all water based fire sprinkler systems throughout America, Canada, and Mexico. Huguenot distribution network extends to Australia, New Zealand and Dubai. Huguenot Laboratories is the only fire sprinkler corrosion management company that warranties the results of the treatment program by offering a full money back refund for the products used in your application.
Programs based on science, backed by warranty, and unmatched by others. Huguenot, the only corrosion solution for the industry!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MIC:
- Generalized and MIC related corrosion are common in the fire sprinkler systems in buildings, factories and warehouses. MIC attacks all types of metals in a fire sprinkler system, with steel pipe being the most vulnerable.
- Internal build up of heavy corrosion can occur in isolated parts of a system, or can be living and growing throughout the entire network of pipes and sprinkler heads.
- Under-deposit corrosion is found in both new and old systems. It is well documented as the primary cause of pinhole leaks in fire sprinkler systems around the globe.
- Microbiological Influenced Corrosion is easily controlled with the proper chemical treatment program. Get warrantied results today!
- FSS ProGuard 295 UL is the only product that meets the treatment requirements of NFPA 13 Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, 2019 Edition, Sections 5.1.5 and 7.8.1!
THE TELLTALE SIGNS OF MIC
The first step to stopping corrosion in its tracks is to conduct a thorough inspection of your fire sprinkler system. Water analysis testing accurately detects the different forms of corrosion present and also identifies mitigation options to preserve the integrity of your fire life safety system.
Know the tell tale signs of MIC and corrosion:
- Pinhole leaks in pipes.
- Black water with a foul, rotten egg odor.
- Reduced water pressure and flow in the system.
- During flow tests, rust or black water stains the concrete.
Once a mitigation result are determined, Verify your performance results thru a ASTM corrosion monitoring program. The use of Corrosion Coupons is a cost effective means of documenting the performance of a corrosion control program. There is no better way to monitor your fire sprinkler system from the damaging effects of corrosion.
CONTACT HUGUENOT LABS
Get performance related results thru Huguenot’s ASTM certified monitoring program. We post the results every 90 days in 0.01 Mils Per year (MPY) increments, not 35 Mils Per Year loss posted by others.
Please contact us at:
Phone: (800) 228-3793
Fax, (845) 858-8821
101 Riverdale Road
Port Jervis, NY 12771
(Western Region Sales Managers)
Matt Francis (858) 735-4239